Welcome, Guest. Please Login
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board

HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 41
Send Topic Print
Lonnie / Mandy / Princess Re-issues (Read 36283 times)
13.12.08 at 23:12:54  

mobius   Offline
Turn It Into Love
Hit Factory

Now that there's hope for these reissues, I was putting together "my ideal tracklist" for each album.

Any other suggestions?

Quote:
Lonnie Gordon - If I Have To Stand Alone (Remaster)

01 Happenin' All Over Again
02 If I Have To Stand Alone
03 Better Off Without You
04 Beyond Your Wildest Dreams
05 I Need You
06 That's No Reason
07 Best Of Friends
08 It's Not Over
09 Watching You
10 Helpless Hearts
Bonus
11 How Could He Do This To Me (7")
12 Happenin' All Over Again (Harding/Curnow Mix as on 12" OF PLEASURE album / Almighty Records)
13 If I Have To Stand Alone (Insomniac Mix)
14 Best Of Friends (Extended)
15 Happenin All Over Again (Original 7" Mix)
16 If I Have To Stand Alone (Original Version as performed on the Hitman & Her) 18/04/1990
17 Happenin All Over Again (12" Rap Mix)
18 If I Have To Stand Alone (12" Master)

Mandy - Mandy (Remaster)

01 I Just Can't Wait
02 Positive Reaction
03 Boys And Girls
04 Victim Of Pleasure
05 He's My Boy
06 Stay With Me Tonight
07 Duel
08 If It Makes You Feel Good
09 Say It's Love (Love House)
10 You're Never Alone
Bonus
11 Don't You Want Me
12 Got To Be Certain
13 Terry
14 I Just Can't Wait (12" Mix as on German 12" vinyl)
15 Terry (12") 10/09/1986
16 Don't You Want Me Baby (alternative mix - pre hinrg bassline)
17 Victim Of Pleasure (Justin Strauss Mix)
18 Got To Be Certain (Extended?)

Princess - Princess (Remaster)

01 Say I'm Your No. 1 (7")
02 After The Love Has Gone (7")
03 I'll Keep On Loving You
04 In the Heat Of A Passionate Moment
05 If It Makes You Feel Good
06 Tell Me Tomorrow
07 Anytime's The Right Time
08 Just A Teaze
Bonus
09 After The Love Has Gone (P.W. Floater Mix/Floater Mix 7.51)
10 Say I'm Your No. 1 (Full-Length Version/*Long Version 6.17)
11 Tell Me Tomorrow (Weekend Mix/Club Version 7.30)
12 I'll Keep On Loving You (U.S. Remix 6.31)
13 After The Love Has Gone (Promo Version 6.47)
14 Say I'm Your No. 1 (Demo Version/Original Demo/Demo 2.50)

Smiley

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login

IP Logged

Reply #1 - 14.12.08 at 00:32:09  

Lee A   Offline
YaBB Newbies
"Never Been A Winner,
I'm A Champion Loser"

Hopefully everyone else on the forum is excited as Ian and myself are about the proposed re-issues!  Although downloading is a really convenient way of getting instant aural gratification I still don't think that you can beat having an actual product in your hands!  I really hope that the orginal 'Hitman & Her' mix of Lonnie's 'If I Have To Stand Alone' is a confirmed bonus track as it's one of the things out of the vaults that I play on a very regular basis...it's certainly too good to waste just on my ears!!!  The day seems a little warmer and the sun seems to shine that little brighter each time I hit the 'play' button and hear Lonnie's unmistakable voice over that great backing track Grin  

Although there is a lot of finalising to do and certain visitors to this forum are still sorting out the track-listings I guarantee that they won't disappoint - as you all know, Ian is a top bloke who really does have the fans best interest at heart.  As he is over-seeing the whole project we are all in for a treat!  As a final word too, it's worth remembering that people really do sit up and take notice when the royalty cheques come pouring in - so let's make sure we all spread the word about these CDs and get as many people as possible to buy them.  Large sales will help provide us with the key for unlocking the vault doors to other unreleased gems we've all wanted for so long.
Take care!  
Lee  Wink

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login

IP Logged

Reply #2 - 14.12.08 at 02:15:32  

InternationalThing   Offline
God Member
HFF v2

OH....MY....GOD.....if this eventuates I know about 15 people off the top of my head that will buy a copy! Not to mention me buying 2 of each...LOL....Please let it be true...I'm a CD buyer for a major retailer here in OZ so I can promise I will be buying loads to sell in store! Yay!

These reissues would be a dream come true...I would only hope they fit as much as possible on the CD's...and no 'demo' versions...ew...and no mixes/remixes that have been done this decade...only ones done around the time of the original release...these are my opinions anyway..  Wink

...and whilst you're at it...can we have resissues of both PWL/SAW Dead or Alive albums too?.... Grin

L
« Last Edit: 14.12.08 at 02:21:56 by InternationalThing »  

IP Logged

Reply #3 - 14.12.08 at 02:28:32  

Gilbert   Offline
Hello
Chicago, USA

Thanks Lee for your input.  Much appreciated...It is about time we have this CD reissues.  I just wish you on the Mandy CD they will also include the Red Rooster mix of Victim of Pleasure. Every time i see it on eBay, i get outbid!!!  Sad

Get out of my life, or be committed to me!!!

IP Logged

Reply #4 - 14.12.08 at 04:37:20  

Phil G   Offline
God Member
Belfast, UK

Haven't visited here (or PWE) for a couple of days, so of course I've just completely soiled my pants YET again with all the exciting and overwhelming news! (note to self: buy more pants for 2009!).

Those suggested remaster tracklists are almost perfect Moby, with one small addition of "If It Makes You Feel Good (Extended)" on Mandy, please. (Princess probably needs a couple of "In The Heat..." mixes too, considering there are quite a few knocking around - plus I like the track!)

I'll certainly be putting my hand in my pocket for each and every one of those beauties (2 copies obviously, one to keep in a airtight nuclear bunker for safekeeping ;o)

To all those responsible: As long as Lonnie contains the extended "Best of Friends" I would die a happy, happy man. You continue to do us proud - a massive thank you for your continuing hard work.

Smiley

« Last Edit: 14.12.08 at 13:52:44 by Phil G »  

So far we are the best of friends, but that’s where the story ends

IP Logged

Reply #5 - 14.12.08 at 06:08:04  
Pete   Ex Member

Ian thank you SO much, this will be amazing. Do you know if there were any unreleased Princess songs? I always thought Jason Donovan's "Wrap My Arms Around You" sounded like a Princess song. My suspicions were also raised when I saw on Jason's "Other Sides" CD that the song was written in 1986!
If Princess recorded it would LOVE to have it included!

IP Logged

Reply #6 - 14.12.08 at 10:54:02  
Mr Sleaze   Ex Member

Quote:
Ian thank you SO much, this will be amazing. Do you know if there were any unreleased Princess songs? I always thought Jason Donovan's "Wrap My Arms Around You" sounded like a Princess song. My suspicions were also raised when I saw on Jason's "Other Sides" CD that the song was written in 1986!
If Princess recorded it would LOVE to have it included!

Sadly, to date, there are no unreleased Princess tracks lying about that I know of... However, I am sure there was back in the day, but who knows where they are now.  Obviously, Princess was a lot earlier than the others, so it's been a real task to get the product we need for this reissue... but I am sure people will be more than happy with the finished product (well, there will always be one or two that won't!!).  At the end of the day, we will have the album remastered and released with bonus tracks and booklet... a lot more appealing to most than having to spend £100 on the original, I am sure.

Regarding Wrap My Arms Around You, i'm not aware of Princess doing this, but I do have a version by Rick Astley, so maybe that was one of the original tracks he did at PWL.

I am really excited about the reissues and I know you can't please everyone, there is only so much space on a CD, but we have worked really hard at selecting what we believe to be the best tracklistings... I hope people will be happy, as if they do well, there will be more to come.

Also, can I just say that regarding other catalogue, like DOA, Kakko, Donna, Nana's, Sam Fox.... we don't actually own these, but I have been in touch with the the labels that do to inform them of the unreleased material we have and some have expressed interest in maybe doing new Best Of's with extra tracks... so with the downloads and reissues, 2009 certianly looks like it will be a good one for PWL lovers Wink

IP Logged

Reply #7 - 14.12.08 at 12:13:45  

God Member
HFF v2

In regards to DOA, are there any unreleased tracks anyone from the PWL/SAW camp has???...( or are there any at all ANYWHERE? ) and was DOA's label interested in a new best of? 'Evolution'...although good...let me down a little because it didn't include all original 7" edits...( My Heart Goes Bang on CD would be GREAT! ) and some of the editing of the extended versions were done poorly ( eg. Hooked on Love )...I always wanted a PROPER Greatest Hits cd from DOA...with released radio edits ONLY...hopefully one day...this will happen...  Wink
« Last Edit: 14.12.08 at 12:15:13 by InternationalThing »  

IP Logged

Reply #8 - 14.12.08 at 12:21:33  
Mr Sleaze   Ex Member

InternationalThing wrote on 14.12.08 at 12:13:45:
In regards to DOA, are there any unreleased tracks anyone from the PWL/SAW camp has???...( or are there any at all ANYWHERE? ) and was DOA's label interested in a new best of? 'Evolution'...although good...let me down a little because it didn't include all original 7" edits...( My Heart Goes Bang on CD would be GREAT! ) and some of the editing of the extended versions were done poorly ( eg. Hooked on Love )...I always wanted a PROPER Greatest Hits cd from DOA...with released radio edits ONLY...hopefully one day...this will happen...  Wink

No unreleased DOA I'm afriad, as revealed by Pete Burns himself when he came in to PWL earlier this year, he used to get the tape op's to wipe anything that wasn't going to be used.

I do know that Pete recorded a track with Mike Stock in the last few weeks of Mike at PWL called 'I Don't Care About Your Heart', which I'm not sure was ever finished as Mike left.

I have contacted SonyBMG about a complete DOA Best Of with all the 7" edits and they have noted it, but not sure they want to do it as of yet.

IP Logged

Reply #9 - 14.12.08 at 12:26:45  

KMJ - spirituk   Offline
You are only a toy...
UK

Cheesy

Wow!  Re-issues!  I can't believe it. 

I've not been on here for a week and look what appears.  Even after all these years the thought of a PWL release from the era of classic PWL still sends an excited shiver down my spine.

Like a record baby

IP Logged

Reply #10 - 14.12.08 at 12:41:16  

God Member
HFF v2

Thanks heaps for the info Mr Sleaze! You ROCK!  Smiley
Would be really good to have a DOA best of..at the right time it could do really,really well...
So Pete used to have all unused tracks wiped? ..That's interesting...do we know why???
I hope someday to see a new DOA/Pete full length CD... Smiley

IP Logged

Reply #11 - 14.12.08 at 22:17:18  

PWLboy   Offline
Global Moderator
Daventry

Ian/Lee,

Do you think there's a chance Cherry Pop would consider re-releasing the Brilliant album on CD?

Mike x

IP Logged

Reply #12 - 14.12.08 at 22:48:39  
Pete   Ex Member

Ooh Rick Astley singing "Wrap My Arms Around You", WOULD LOVE to hear this!!

What about a re-issued Rick album? would be great with all the Rick Rolling etc. Though I know BMG own his material.

Could have "Nothing Can Divide Us", "Wrap My Arms Around You".

Mr Sleaze can you confirm if Rick actually recorded either "So Proud Of You" and/or "How Can This Be Real Love"? That's something I have been dying to know!

IP Logged

Reply #13 - 14.12.08 at 23:12:31  
Jactarus   Ex Member

Pete, I'm with you on this one.

Sadly, I guess, all we will ever have is the same greatest hits again and again and again and again, etc ...  Roll Eyes

Oh - I forgot ... a love songs album once in a while.  Cool

I hope I'm wrong, though !  Undecided

IP Logged

Reply #14 - 15.12.08 at 02:35:21  

Wishkid   Offline
HFF v2

Quote:
Ooh Rick Astley singing "Wrap My Arms Around You", WOULD LOVE to hear this!!

What about a re-issued Rick album? would be great with all the Rick Rolling etc. Though I know BMG own his material.

Could have "Nothing Can Divide Us", "Wrap My Arms Around You".

Mr Sleaze can you confirm if Rick actually recorded either "So Proud Of You" and/or "How Can This Be Real Love"? That's something I have been dying to know!

I don't know about "So Proud Of You", but Mike has told me that Rick never recorded "How Can This Be Real Love".  It was something specifically written for Sinitta, as was "Do You Wanna Find Out".

I'll leave it to Ian to answer about SPOY.

Smiley

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 41
Send Topic Print

CLASSIC SAW / PWL ALBUMS RE-MASTERED & RE-RELEASED. INCLUDES TONS OF RARE AND UN-RELEASED MATERIAL. THAT AND OTHER SAW / PWL RELATED STUFF. CLICK ON THE COVERS TO GO TO AMAZON AND GET YOUR COPY TODAY!

eXTReMe Tracker